I. Job Title/Position: ETEEAP CAREER GUIDANCE COUNSELOR
II. Key Organizational Relationships:
The Career Counselor is accountable to the Guidance Head since he/she is the Chief Administrator Officer of the guidance service and takes charge of the guidance activities and program. The Career Counselor directly supervises the student.
III. Job Description:
A. General Objectives
Career Counselor is responsible for providing assistance to the guidance Head in the implementation of career guidance program and services to ETEEAP andidates/students. Along with providing counseling for ETEEAP candidates/students, Career Counselor/s or Vocational Counselor must help and assist individuals make various career decisions including the transition from one field to another.
B. Specific Objectives
- Provides educational and vocational /career matters to students by holding interviews and counseling sessions.
- Determine what the student’s desires are with regard to what they wish to pursue once they graduate from their educational establishment through formulation of career plan.
- Make various items available to the student in order to help them formulate good decisions with regard to their future steps relating to education or vacation/career.
- Establish contact and linkages with different local and international companies who may help the student with the best career options and opportunities.
- Keep detailed files on each student that they meet with and review the files during follow-up
- Administer aptitude tests and personality assessments to students that help identify career fields that may suit them.
- Prepares the Career Guidance Program and the corresponding students services offered.
- Assist faculties in understanding their student’s career interests, needs, strengths and weaknesses through regular conference.